Scope of Application
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions, and any matter not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations, and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case where the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations or generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
- A Guest seeking to apply for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall provide the Hotel with the following information:
- Name of the Guest(s);
- Date(s) of the stay and estimated time of arrival;
- Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Table 1); and
- Other information the Hotel deems to be necessary.
- If the Guest requests, during his/her stay, requests an extension of the stay beyond the date(s) in item (2) of the preceding Paragraph, the request shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time of such request.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, Etc.
- An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article.
However, this shall not apply where it has been proven that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of the Total Amount to be paid by Guests covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, this shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case where the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be deemed that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contract
- The Hotel may refuse to conclude a Contract of Accommodation in the event of one or more of the following:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the applicable laws or be against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
- When the person seeking accommodation has caused any problem to the Hotel in the past, such as delayed payment of charges;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed to be a designated organized crime group as defined by the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members,” a member or the related person of such organization, or any other equivalent groups or organizations;
- When the person seeking accommodation has been searched, arrested, or prosecuted, or has received a guilty judgment in a criminal matter;
- When the person seeking accommodation has been violent, caused injury, used force, made threats, extorted money, or committed fraud or engaged in similar acts;
- When there is any other justifiable reason conforming to (4)–(7) above;
- When the person intending to stay is clearly found to be carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the person’s accommodation;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to a natural disaster, malfunction of the facilities, or other unavoidable causes;
- When the person seeking accommodation is likely to cause trouble to other guests due to intoxication, etc.; or
- When the person seeking accommodation behaves in a manner significantly disturbing to other guests (based on Article 4 of Kanagawa Prefecture Enforcement Ordinance for the Inns and Hotels Act).
Right to Cancel the Accommodation Contract by the Guest
- The Guest may cancel the accommodation contract by notifying the Hotel.
- In the event the Guest has cancelled the accommodation contract in whole or in part due to reasons attributable to the Guest (except the case where the Hotel has requested payment of the deposit by the specified deadline as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment thereof), the Guest shall pay a cancellation charge as listed in Appendix 2. However, in the case where the Hotel has entered into a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4, this shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation to pay a cancellation charge if the Guest cancels the accommodation Contract at the time of concluding said special contract. In the event the Guest does not appear by 10:00 p.m. on the date of stay (two hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel has been notified of it) without advance notice, the Hotel may regard the accommodation agreement as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel the Accommodation Contract by the Hotel
- The Hotel may cancel the accommodation contract in any of the following cases:
- When the Guest does not comply with the Terms and Conditions or Rules of Use;
- When the Guest is deemed likely to behave or is deemed to be behaving in a manner that is against laws and regulations, public order, or good morals in regard to his/her stay at the Hotel;
- When the Hotel deems the Guest to be unsuited to the accommodation, for reasons including lack of morals;
- When the Guest has not paid for using the Hotel or delayed payment;
- When the Guest supplied a false application when concluding the accommodation contract;
- When the Guest has a criminal record, and is deemed inappropriate for the Hotel;
- When the Guest has been searched, arrested, prosecuted or has received a guilty judgment by the authorities;
- When the Guest is deemed to be a member of or connected with an antisocial, extreme or similar organization as defined by the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members”;
- When the Guest corresponds to the stipulations in the previous paragraph, or is involved with groups or organization the Hotel deems to correspond to those stipulated in the previous paragraph, or organizations that employ fraud and intimidation, or other groups;
- When the Guest has been violent, caused injury, used force, made threats, extorted money, or committed fraud or engaged in similar acts;
- When there is any other justifiable reason conforming to (4)–(10) above;
- When the Guest can be clearly found to be carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the person’s accommodation;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
- When the Guest is deemed liable to cause significant annoyance to other guests due to intoxication or other causes or when the Guest behaves in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (based on Article 4 of Kanagawa Prefecture Enforcement Ordinance for the Inns and Hotels Act);
- When the Guest does not observe the rules prohibiting certain actions specified under the Rules of Use stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to prohibitions deemed necessary to prevent fires) such as smoking in bed, and interfering with fire-fighting facilities; or
- When the Guest performs unsanitary actions at places such as hot spring facility.
- In cases where the Hotel has canceled the Contract of Accommodation in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services that he/she has not received.
Registration of Accommodation
- The Guest shall register with the front desk of the Hotel on the date of accommodation the following information:
- Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the Guest(s);
- In case of a foreign Guest, unless he/she is a resident in Japan, his/her nationality, passport number, and the place and date of entry;
- Scheduled date and time of departure; and
- Other information the Hotel deems to be necessary.
- When the Guest intends to pay his/her Accommodation Charges as prescribed in Article 12 (Table 1) by any means other than currency, such as traveler’s check, coupons, or credit cards, such means of payment shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Usage Time of Guest Rooms
- The Guest may use his/her room in the Hotel from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. the following day.
(For the Bunk room guests, from 4 p.m. to 11 a.m. the following day)
When the Guest is accommodated continuously for longer stays, he/she may occupy the room in the Hotel all day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- Notwithstanding the provision prescribed in the preceding paragraph, the Hotel may permit the Guest to occupy his/her room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph.
In that case, the following extra charges shall be payable:
- For up to three hours after the check-out time designated by the Hotel: 30% of the room charge;
- For up to six hours after the check-out time designated by the Hotel: 50% of the room charge;
- For more than six hours after the check-out time designated by the Hotel: the full room charge.
Compliance with the Rules of Use of the Hotel
- The Guest will be required to comply with the Rules of Use posted inside the Hotel while staying in the Hotel.
- The business hours of facilities, etc. in the Hotel are explained in the brochures provided, displayed at major points inside the Hotel, and shown in the Service Information provided in each guest room.
- The business hours are subject to change. In that case, the Guests shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Charges
- The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay are as listed in Table 1.
- Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid with currency or by means other than currency such as traveler’s check, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the Guest’s departure, or upon request by the Hotel. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities once such facilities have been made available to him/her by the Hotel.
Liabilities of the Hotel
- The Hotel will compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or nonfulfillment of the Contract of Accommodation and/or related agreements. However, this will not apply when such damage is due to reasons not attributable to the Hotel.
The Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance in case of fires and/or other disasters.
Arrangements When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- When the Hotel is unable to provide the contracted room(s), the Hotel shall arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest as far as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, when arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations.
However, the Hotel shall not pay compensation to the Guest when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to reasons not attributable to the Hotel.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- When the articles, cash and/or valuables handed over by the Guest at the front desk have been lost or damaged, the Hotel shall compensate for the damage, unless the loss or damage has been caused by force majeure. However, in the case of cash and valuables, we shall do so only when the Guest has clearly reported the kind and value of such cash and valuables at our request. Otherwise we shall compensate for the damage up to the maximum amount of 100,000 yen. When the Guest has brought into the Hotel articles, cash and/or valuables but has not handed them over at the front desk, we shall compensate for the loss or damage suffered if caused intentionally or negligently on our part, except when the Guest has not clearly reported to us beforehand the kind and value of the items which are later lost or damaged, in which case we shall compensate for the loss or damage up to the maximum amount of 100,000 yen, except when the damage was caused intentionally or due to the Hotel’s gross negligence.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
- When the Guest’s baggage is brought to the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be responsible for keeping it and handing it over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his/her check-in when such a request has been agreed to by the Hotel in advance.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found to have been left behind after his/her check-out, and the ownership of the article is identified, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions.
However, this shall not apply to a case where the Hotel deems that it concerns privacy significantly. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner, or when the ownership is not identified, the Hotel shall handle the items in conformity with the Lost Property Act.
- The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage or belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of paragraph 1, and with the provisions of paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of paragraph 2.
The Hotel will determine whether a found article is a lost article or trash. The Hotel will discard an article that may cause sanitary problems, such as food that is opened, an article that is spoiled or has possibility of decay, or used underwear and towels without reporting to the police.
Liability in Regard to Parking
- The Hotel shall not be responsible for the custody of any vehicle belonging to the Guest when the Guest utilizes the car park in the Hotel, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited with the Hotel or not, as the Hotel merely offers the space for parking.
However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage caused intentionally or due to negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the car park or our valet service.
- The Hotel is not liable for any damages incurred by a user of the affiliated parking lot due to the actions of other users of the affiliated parking lot or other people’s actions or vehicles existing in the affiliated parking lot or their attachments or loads etc. or other incidents that occur within the affiliated parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damages caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the Guest.
Effectiveness of Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts
- These Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts will be effective from 1 June 2019.
Table 1. Method of calculating accommodation expenses
(Paragraph 1 of Article 2; Paragraph 2 of Article 3, Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
Breakdown Total Amount to Be Paid by Guest Accommodation charge ① Basic accommodation charge (room charge + breakfast, etc.)
② Charges accompanying accommodation
Charges Accompanying Accommodation to Be Paid by the Guest Additional charges ③ Other usage charges Others Tax Consumption tax levied on the above
- When tax laws and regulations are amended, accommodation and consumption tax will be based on the amended laws and regulations.
Table 2. Cancellation Charges (Paragraph 2 of Article 6) Day When Notification of Contract Cancellation Is Received Individual Guest For a group that reserved more than five rooms No Show 100% 100% Day of Stay 80% 100% 1 Day Prior to Day of Stay 20% 80% 2 to 9 Days Prior to Day of Stay – 50% 10 to 20 Days Prior to Day of Stay – 30%
- The cancellation fee is calculated from the date of receipt of notification of contract cancellation from the Guest.
- Percentages are the cancellation fee as a proportion of the standard accommodation charges (room charges). However, in the case of package stays including a reserved private bath, etc., the cancellation fee is the published amount (hereafter “package fee”).
- In the case of contracts for extended continuous stays, the cancellation fee shall be the standard charge for the first day (or the package fee).
- The Hotel may stipulate cancellation fees different from those outlined above for accommodation packages that the Hotel draws up and/or for certain organizations.
- In the case of reduced stay contracts, the cancellation fee shall be the fee for one day (the first) regardless of the number of days reduced.
Matters to Be Confirmed in Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, the escape route is shown in the room.
Please examine the location of the emergency exit and fire extinguisher. Contact the Hotel staff for details.
Procedures in Emergency
Upon arrival in your room, check the escape route shown in the room and path to the emergency exit.
In the case of an emergency, such as a fire, accident, and illness, call the Front desk.
Escape Route, Etc. for Emergency
There are two emergency exits on each floor.
In the Event of an Earthquake
In case of a small-scale earthquake, emergency announcements will not be broadcasted within the Hotel.
Please read the following in case of a large-scale of earthquake:
- It is safer to stay inside the Hotel in the case of an earthquake in principle.
- When you feel the strong shock of an earthquake, hide under a table or stay away from windows where you may get injured by falling objects or broken glass to ensure your safety.
- Once the shock of the earthquake subsides, check for sources of fire.
- When there is a risk of fire and/or collapse of the building, we may ask you to evacuate the building. In that case, follow the emergency announcements and instructions given by the Hotel staff and act calmly.